- ECG database generator for Diagnostic and Ambulatory ECG
- Support IEC60601-2-25, -2-47 and AAMI EC57 database tests
- Embedded CAL, ANE, Biological, NST waveforms
- Allows to upload and playback AHA, MIT, and CU format directly
A ture analog ECG database generator for your system validation and software algorithms evaluation.
ECG related standards such as IEC 60601-2-25 and IEC 60601-2-47 require "multi-channel" tests where unique signals are applied to each lead electrode.
WhaleTeq's Multi-Channel ECG test system comprises of a USB Module incorporating microprocessor control, 8 channels of precision electronics and an output network made of 0.1% resistors to ensure high accuracy. Using the network described in IEC 60601-2-51:2003 Annex II, these 8 channels of DAC data are convertered to the full 12 lead ECG waveforms (Lead III, aVR, aVL, aVF being derived from Lead I and II). Data is continuously streamed to the test unit via USB, and the PC software includes a graphical display lets the user seethe waveforms being applied during the test and compare to the results in the equipment under test.
The waveforms from IEC 60601-2-25 Annex HH (16 CAL, 3 ANE, 100 biological ECG) are embedded in software (including noisewaveforms). A module has also been included to download and play waveforms from various databases available from Physionet website. The module has been designed to work with most Format 16 and Format 212 files, and users without any experience with the Physionet website can still download waveforms directly
Selected "single channel" periodic test waveforms such as sine and triangle waves can also be output.
- Main output channels
- ranges +/-1.25mV, +/-2.5mV or +/-5mV (automatically selected in software)
- accuacy +/-1% or +/-5uV whichever is greater
- sample rate variable up to 1kHz
- DAC resolution 0.6uV ~ 2.4uV (depending on range)
- 8 channels (allowing up to 12 lead ECG)
- Built in test waveforms
- CAL waveforms (16x)
- ANE waveforms (3x)
- Biological waveforms (100x)
- Noise waveforms (as requires by IEC 60601-2-51:2003)
- Physionet compatibility
- Format 16 and 212 (without oversampling such as Format 212x4)
- Direct download from Physionet website (user does not need seperately work with the Physionet files)
- Other functions
- Sine, triangle, 100ms pulse waveforms, variable frequency up to 150Hz (sample rate 1kHz)
- calibration mode (0.1Hz squarewave)
- Power supply
- USB (5V 0.2A, high powered mode)
 For some NST noise signalss exceeding +/- 5mV, waveforms will be clipped. Detailed please visit MECG Range.
 Although IEC60601-2-51:2003 has been superseded by IEC60601-2-25:2011, some original circuit diagram and test items do have significant reference value. Therefore, we keep MECG 2.0 design include these itmes.
 A 12 lead ECG only contains 8 unique waveforms. Lead III can be derived from Lead I and Lead II, while aVR, aVL and aVF can be derived from Leads I, Lead II and Lead III. Thus, a 12 lead ECG can be established from an 8 channel DAC system.